Switching to Defence Health today
If you want great value health insurance from an insurer that cares about your wellbeing, you’re in the right place. To us, the Defence family is the most important thing. That’s why we’re not for profit and all for the benefit of our members. Over 235,000 Australians have joined our family. And if you decide to join us, you’ll discover why they stay. Switching from another health fund is easier than you think. We will take care of everything. All you need to do is:
- Check your connection to Defence
- From there, get a quote and join online. Choose the level of Hospital and Extras cover that’s right for you. Or call us on 1800 335 425 and we can help you choose.
- Fill out the cancellation and transfer authority form and return it to us
We will do the rest, including contacting your previous fund.
Risk free switching
If you join Defence Health within two months of leaving another fund, we will:
- Recognise the waiting periods you have already served, so you can claim immediately
- Subject to backdating to the date of leaving your old fund, make sure that you are continuously covered so that there is no gap in your Lifetime Health Cover status
- Cover your benefit entitlements that you had on your old cover, so long as these services are offered on your new cover with us
So, you will only need to serve waiting periods for any treatments not included in your previous cover.