Safeguarding your interests
Defence Health's focus is always our members. So we take very seriously the operation of the health fund, which includes the accurate processing of claims.
How do we safeguard your interests?
We protect you by:
- Responding to member concerns and complaints
- Actively monitoring claims
- Following up on unusual claiming behaviours
- Requiring receipts to validate claims
- Ongoing review of hospital and provider agreements
- Ensuring our procedures are in line with legislation and industry best practice
- Using secure off-site systems for private and confidential information.
You can help us by:
- Checking that your healthcare provider's bill is correct
- Checking that the service has been allocated to the right person on the couple or family membership
- Checking that date of service in the benefit statement we send you is correct.
And let us know if:
- You think you’ve been over or under-charged
- You think you’ve been over or under-serviced
- You think your card has been used without your consent.
If you think something just doesn’t look quite right, please let us know and we can follow it up.
Phone: 1800 335 425
Post: Claims Analysis Team
PO Box 7518 Melbourne VIC 3004
Lost your card?
Even a lost member card can cause problems without you knowing! If you’ve lost your card, call us on 1800 335 425 and we’ll cancel the card and send you a new one.