Have you heard about the Young Adult Support plan?
Keep yourself covered between 21 and 25
So you're over 21, single and not studying full-time. Did you know that you're no longer covered by your family's health insurance?
That’s why we created the Young Adult Support Plan. It’s a way for singles under 25 to maintain health cover with a huge range of beneﬁts, at a price that won’t break the bank.
We’ve made it simple. Just take out your own Value Extras cover (or if you want even more back, take out Premier Extras) and then you can stay on your family’s hospital cover. It’s the best of both worlds.
You can take advantage of the Young Adult Support Plan if you are:
- Over 21 and under 25 years of age
- Not studying full-time
- Covered by your parent's Defence Health family hospital cover.
Check out the deal
- Attractive benefits on a huge range of everyday services - dental, physio, chiro, optical and many more.
- No-gap preventive dental within limits and a guaranteed minimum 15% saving on all your dental treatment by a network dentist.
- Large range of stylish no-gap glasses through our optical network.
- Unlimited comprehensive ambulance cover.
- Hospital cover under your parent's family Defence Health membership.
- Any waiting periods you've served under your parents' policy are honoured, if you maintain continuous cover.
- Track your benefits online and make claims straight from your smart phone or tablet with our mobile claiming app.
- Access our blog – Health HQ – to keep you in the know about issues relevant to your health and wellbeing.
- Value Extras covers you for a wide range of services at an affordable price. You'll get 100% back on selected glasses (up to $255 per person) at our optical partners. There's no annual limit on general dental and no lifetime limit on orthodontic treatment.
- Want even more back? Premier Extras gives you comprehensive cover on a wide range of services with our highest individual annual limits. It's ideal if you have frequent or planned treatment. You'll get 100% back on initial consultations, and 100% back on selected glasses (up to $300 per person) at our optical partners.
What will Extras cost?
Value Extras (Singles)
|Premium after base tier rebate of 26.791%||$19.24||$41.77||$19.15||$41.52||$18.45||$39.95|
|Gross premium before rebate (Tier 3)||$26.34||$57.07||$26.20||$56.77||$25.20||$54.60|
Premier Extras (Singles)
|Premium after base tier rebate of 26.791%||$31.54||$68.42||$31.15||$67.55||$30.26||$65.56|
|Gross premium before rebate (Tier 3)||$43.14||$93.47||$42.60||$92.30||$41.36||$89.61|
Premiums are effective 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017.
Want more information?
Check out the Young Adult Support Plan brochure.
Ready to sign up?
Fill in your Young Adult Support Plan application.
Not eligible for the Young Adult Support Plan?
If you’re studying full-time, you don’t need to join. Your cover can be maintained under your Parent's family membership.
If you’re over 25 or have a partner, you can join Defence Health in your own right without the Young Adult Support Plan. Get a quote or apply now.