Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct
Defence Health follows the Private Health Insurance Code of Conduct. Under the Code, Defence Health will:
- Provide information to you in plain language
- Ensure that policy documentation is full and complete
- Ensure that all our staff who provide information on health insurance are appropriately trained and able to provide clear explanations
- Ensure information exchanged between you and us is protected in accordance with privacy principles
- Provide you with easy access to our internal issues and complaints handling system and advise you of your rights to take an issue to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, and
- Continue to improve our standards of practice and service.
A copy of the code can be downloaded here.