Who can join Defence Health
Who's eligible to join
- All those who have previously served in the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and their partners and children
Australian Defence Force (ADF) supporters
- Anyone who works or has worked in the Department of Defence and other Defence-related departments
- Anyone who works or has worked for a Defence supplier – a company or agency contracted to the Department of Defence, where you are or were involved in the supply of goods and services to Defence.
Extended families of all above
- You are the mum or dad, son or daughter, sister or brother, grandchild or ex-spouse/partner of a serving or ex-serving member of the Australian Defence Force or of an ADF supporter (described above)
- You can check details of your relatives service on the DVA nominal roll
Australian Defence Force (ADF) families
Partners and children of ADF members (permanent SERCAT 6-7, and reservist SERCAT 3-5 serving 20 or more training days in a financial year). If you’re a member of the permanent ADF you don’t need to cover yourself.