Mobile claiming app
Members can claim using our Mobile Claiming App, available to download in the App Store and Google Play Store. So if you have an Apple or Android device you can download the app and claim from your couch.
We’ve made the app quick and convenient to use. Follow these simple steps.
1. Download and install the app.
2. Open the app and enter your member number (found in the bottom left on your member card), name and email address
3. Select Make a Claim.
4. Take a photo of each receipt which clearly shows the patient's name, provider's name/number, date of service, service provided and the amount paid.
5. Select Add Photos and either select Take a photo or Choose existing (to select a receipt photo you've previously taken). You can select up to 3 photos.
6. Click Save and check off all the declarations about your claim.
7. Click Submit claim and a confirmation screen should appear. You can then choose to submit another claim or simply exit the app.
8. You’ll then get an email confirmation of your claim. Make sure you add [email protected]defencehealth.com.au to your safe senders list in order to receive the confirmation email.
9. File your receipt away for 2 years in case we need it.
To help us process your claims quickly make sure you've entered your member number correctly (it's found in the bottom left on your member card), take a clear photo of the entire receipt and make sure you can claim for that item.