Make a claim
If your travel was affected by any of the following events, please see the appropriate travel alert.
Are you covered?
First check that you are covered by your policy by reading the appropriate section in the PDS. Check the General exclusions applicable to sections to see exactly what is, and is not covered. Be sure to note any conditions, limitations and exclusions.
How to make a claim
- Claiming is easy- visit www.travelclaims.com.au to lodge your claim or download and fill in a claim form.
- Don’t delay- make sure you claim as soon as possible. Full details of any claim must be submitted within 30 days of your return home.
- Have your documents ready- this includes things such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of purchase and ownership.
- If documents are in a language other than English, Allianz Global Assistance may ask you to have them translated.
- Be willing to provide any additional supporting evidence and information to help assess your claim quickly.
Types of claims
Cancelling or cutting your journey short
If you think that you may have to cancel your journey or shorten your journey, you must tell us as soon as possible by contacting Allianz Global Assistance on 1800 622 499. If you are already overseas, please call the 24 hour emergency assistance number which applies to the country you are calling from.
Medical, hospital and dental claims
For medical, hospital or dental claims, contact Allianz Global Assistance as soon as practicable.
Loss, theft or damage of luggage
For loss or theft of your luggage and personal effects, report it immediately to the police and obtain a written notice of your report.
For damage or misplacement of your luggage and personal effects, caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they may make.
Disclaimer: Travel insurance is arranged by Defence Health Ltd ABN 80 008 629 481 AFSL 313890. This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 trading as Allianz Global Assistance for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Allianz and/or Allianz Global Assistance do not provide any advice on this insurance based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Where advice is provided by Defence Health Ltd, it is provided on behalf of Defence Health Ltd and not on behalf of the insurer Allianz or its agent Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz and/or Allianz Global Assistance are not responsible for any such advice. Before making a decision please consider the Product Disclosure Statement. If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.